If you’re thinking about skiing in Colorado, then we’re here to help. We take a look at 5 of the very best Colorado ski resorts.
This is the time of year when the Rocky Mountains are full of white gold. That’s right, snow is on the slopes and ready for you to have the ultimate ski adventure.
If you ski or snowboard, this is the best time of year to visit the high country. Colorado is rich with amazing skiing, with some of the finest resorts to be found anywhere in the world. No matter your skill level, there’s something for everyone.
This article takes a look at the top Colorado ski resorts that are perfect for beginners and experts alike. So grab your skis and poles and let’s go!
Snowmass offers more than 3,000 acres of world-class terrain, with a base elevation just over 8,100 feet. And with plenty of Aspen and Snowmass lodging to choose from, get ready to have the time of your life.
You can choose from a wide variety of groomed trails, or try your hand at the seven back bowls if you’re feeling brave and adventurous. Vail receives more than 350 inches of snow each year, making it perfect for skiers of any skill level.
Located just off I-70, this resort caters largely to high-end travelers and offers some of the best shopping imaginable. So bring your skis and your checkbook, and prepare to have a blast!
Steamboat is another Colorado resort town that averages more than 300 inches of powder each year. It’s lower in elevation than other resorts in the state, yet this doesn’t stop it from being one of the top ski destinations in the country.
Crested Butte is far from the biggest resort in the state, and yet this little mountain jewel quickly becomes a favorite destination to anyone who visits.
Like many Colorado towns, Crested Butte began as a mining town and has managed to maintain its atmosphere of adventure and fierce independence.
The mountain offers over 1,500 acres of skiable terrain and has some of the most gorgeous backcountry wilderness you’re likely to discover anywhere.
Telluride is another ski resort that has become a popular destination among the rich and famous over the past few decades. It offers consistently impressive snowfall, more than 2,000 acres of slopes, and a free gondola for getting from the town of Telluride to Mountain Village.
This is a true ski town, rich is traditional cowboy culture, yet offers tons of world-class shopping, restaurants, and coffee shops to keep you busy throughout the ski season.
The Top Colorado Ski Resorts
If you’re itching to get out on the slopes, these Colorado ski resorts will keep you deep in fresh powder with some of the finest skiing on the planet.
So grab your gear, load the car, and head for mountains!
Click here to learn why travel bags are must-haves for men.
- The Ultimate Dolomites, Italy Travel And Skiing Guide
- Visiting Corvara in Alta Badia: The Dolomites’ Most Picturesque Town
- The Perfect Travel Itinerary For Slovenia
- Best Hikes in Southern Africa
- Cape Town Hiking: Ultimate Guide To Table Mountain And Lion’s Head
- The Ultimate Guide To Diving in Sipadan, Malaysia
- The Ultimate Zanzibar Travel Guide: Everything You Need To Know
- The Ultimate Dakhla, Morocco Travel And Kitesurfing Guide
- Hotel Review For The Park Hyatt Zanzibar: Luxury In Stone Town
- The Best Greek Islands In The Cyclades: How To Choose Which One To Visit
- Visiting Nungwi, Zanzibar: A Detailed Travel Guide
- The Ultimate Guide To Visiting The Geierlay Suspension Bridge