Millennials are 23% more likely to travel abroad than older generations, but this isn’t the only way in which they’re shaking up travel. The generation that suffered the brunt of the financial crisis is more interested in life changing experiences and personal growth. One of the ways to achieve a vacation full of adventure and jaw-dropping experiences is to ditch the flights and hit the road instead. You will see more, take control of your schedule and become the master of your own journey.
Taking Control of Your Route
Cars are the most versatile form of transport. While you may be able to reach further by foot or bike, a car will get you most of the way. It will be faster than buses and even trains, which continuously fail to achieve high speeds. Public options will also limit your choice of destinations, requiring you to change transport. This means that you can travel where you like, when you like. If you’re the kind of person who prefers to live spontaneously and in the moment, select a road vehicle and do away with schedules.
Enjoying the Journey
It’s a cliché, but travel is so much more about the journey than the destination. It’s the act of physically being in motion, which allows for mental transformation through new experiences. In a car, your new environment is right there outside the window. If you see something you like, you can pull over. You’re missing out on a lot when you spend ten hours on a plane, with little more than cloud tops for a views. Planes will get you places, but in a car, every moment is a part of your adventure.
Taking Responsibility, Building Character
Public transport such as planes and trains leave you dependent on other companies to get you to your destination. This may seem like a good deal, since 85% of flights arrive on time. However, travel for many people is about testing their limits and seeing what they are capable of. Taking responsibility for your vehicle, selecting the right one and keeping it running, is a great way to build character while out on the road, so you can learn new skills and thrive in personal development.
Road tripping is something that everyone dreams of. While there are times when you want a different kind of adventure, consider the above benefits. Complete freedom and control, while enjoying each moment and building skills are key reasons that make the car a dream for travelers.
- The Ultimate Road Trips To Take Around The World
- The Ultimate Travel And Vacation Itinerary Planning Spreadsheet
- Walking With Giants – Ultimate Guide To Gorilla Trekking in Africa
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda – An Out of the Ordinary Travel Experience
- Guide to Visiting Morondava and Avenue Of The Baobabs
- Is Johannesburg Really The World’s Unfriendliest City?
- How Travel Will Be Changed By Coronavirus And My Predictions For The Future
- Tips on Organising Great Safaris for Your Blog Readers
- Tips On Being A Good Ex-Pat
- Is Egypt Safe To Travel?
- Guide To Visiting Ranomafana National Park, Madagascar
- Guide To Visiting The Okavango Delta in Botswana