Vacations and casinos are inextricably linked for most travellers. After the day’s sightseeing is done you want to relax with a few drinks and then punt a few chips on your favourite casino games.
Africa is turning out to be a hot tourist destination. The fare is varied from the safari parks of South Africa to the Pyramids of Egypt and from the silver beaches of Seychelles to the quaint charm of Morocco. Before you finalise your travel itinerary you will want to know where the best land casinos are. We have the information ready for you.
Sun City Casino, South Africa
Sun City is a must for those on a holiday to South Africa. Many tourists spend their entire vacation at this fantasy resort chilling out. With luxury accommodation, extravagant entertainment, fine dining, two golf courses, the famed safari and a water park, what more can be needed except a casino. In addition, Sun City is an amazing place to go on a safari if you want to mix it up and do something else while in South Africa. While not as grand and beautiful as say the Kruger National Park, you’ll easily be able to find the Big 5 here on a luxury safari.
Everything in one place
The Sun City Casino is as glamorous as the rest of the resort. It boasts over a 100 live slot titles. The popular Wheel of Gold Machines and Mega Duma offer large payout progressive jackpots. More than 40 tables cater to roulette, blackjack and other casino games. Earn VIP points to offset your other costs at Sun City. Become a Sun MVG cardholder and gain exclusive access to the Salon Privé and VIP gaming.
Grand West Casino, Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town is the premier destination in South Africa for business as well as recreational travel. The city has the iconic Table Mountain in the background and the enticing Atlantic Ocean on the other side. No matter where you stay, you have to pay a visit to the Grand West Casino.
Grand West is the largest casino in South Africa. The external facades have been recreated from historical city buildings. The interior décor reflects Cape Town’s maritime tradition. The gaming is unmatched with over 2,500 smart card slot machines and 80 table games. The Salon Prive is an exclusive gambling area for MVG Platinum and Diamond members that can enjoy the privilege of high stakes. Separate areas have been provided for smokers and non-smokers.
Omar Khayyam Casino, Cairo, Egypt
Omar Khayyam Casino is the ideal way to wind down after an exhilarating trip to the Pyramids and Sphinx. The casino is a part of the Cairo Marriott situated in the downtown Zamalek district. The entire facility is set in six acres of palace gardens and offers a panoramic view of the Nile.
The casino is not very big but has world class facilities. It offers over 17 gaming tables and 40 gaming machines. It is open only to foreigners, so you can expect an exclusive atmosphere. You can step out for a while and take in the local dining and entertainment before you hit the casino again.
Mazagan Casino, Morocco
Casablanca is the city of choice for tourists to Morocco, but the largest casino is in Mazagan. It is only 100 km south of Casablanca and merits at least a day trip. For a longer stay, book rooms at Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort, where the casino is located. Mazagan Casino is one of the most attractive casinos in North Africa. The interior décor highlights the Moroccan colours and styles without being obtrusive.
The gaming area is spread over 3,000 square metres and offers over 450 slot machines and 37 gaming tables. There are slots with progressive jackpots and if you hit one of them then your holiday will be free. The casino games include Roulette, Blackjack, Punto Banco and Three Card Poker. All tables are operated by the most experienced croupiers and you will find tables to suit your budget range of bets. Poker players are not left out. Tournaments are running all the time. Or you can take a seat at one of the cash games tables.
Club Liberté Casino, Mahé, Seychelles
Mauritius is worn out as a tourist destination. Now people head to Seychelles, a more quiet and exclusive venue. Mahé is the largest island of the archipelago and Anse Soleil is one of the most picturesque locations there. It is home to a number of resorts and the Club Liberté Casino.
Club Liberté Casino has a luxurious main gaming room with five tables offering European Roulette, Blackjack with Perfect Pairs, Russian Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker and Three Card Poker. Table limits are set for all budgets. A private room is set off from the main gaming floor, which can be booked for groups. Apart from European Roulette, there are two card tables which can be converted to a number of different casino games. You can also try your luck on the 31 state of the art slot machines. These are card play and offer mystery jackpots and player reward points.
Online Gambling In Africa
All tourist spots in Africa are not with land casinos nearby. However, you can play casino games and even bet on sports online to take care of your gambling entertainment. There are already over 100 online casinos servicing South Africa. It should not be difficult to find one wherever you are in Africa. We have picked some of the best to get you started.
Slots.lv online casino:
- New players get welcome bonuses on first nine deposits that can be maximised to $5000
- You can deposit in Bitcoin to avoid the hassles of national currencies, especially when travelling
- The online casino is powered by Betsoft and Rival with an awesome portfolio of slot machines
Raging Bull online casino:
- New players get free bonus and free spins without even making a deposit
- You can play the entire range of Realtime Gaming casino games
- Do not worry if you are not carrying a laptop, Raging Bull can be accessed from smartphones and tablets
Unibet online sportsbook:
- The sportsbook offers markets on all major sporting events
- Unibet accepts over 15 currencies, so even in Africa you should be able to place bets in your own national currency
- Check out the bonuses and promotions to add the extra edge to your betting
- South Africa – 5 Reasons You Need To Make It Your Next Holiday Spot
- Why South Africa Is The Perfect Destination To Learn English
- How To Move To South Africa
- Guide to South African Wine Country
- Is Johannesburg Really The World’s Unfriendliest City?
- Is It Safe To Travel To South Africa?
- A Tale Of Two Cities Part 2 – Pretoria
- The Perfect One Day Itinerary For Cape Town’s Wine Region
- The Ultimate Guide To Living In Johannesburg, South Africa
- Watching The Superbowl in South Africa
- Guide To The Best Places to Surf in Africa
- Ultimate Guide For Revolut: Zero Fees To Exchange Money