Acquiring an Egypt visa for US citizens has never been easy with the commencement of online visa application. Americans have taken advantage of this opportunity to visit Egypt in large numbers either for business or vacation.
Why so much interest in Egypt?
Well, Egypt is among the most intriguing countries of ancient civilization. Other than the most iconic landmarks known to humankind, it boasts of diverse culture and breathtaking landscapes that make the ultimate travel destination for every adventurous savvy person. From the amazing pyramids of Cairo, to the ancient temples in Luxor, to breathtaking diving in the Red Sea, Egypt has it all.
Just like with every new country, there are some things you need to know and do when you arrive in Egypt to have a smooth and exciting time. For planning your trip, make sure to read my perfect Egypt itinerary that goes through where to go and what to do
This article explores some of the things you need to do in Egypt when it is your first time visiting the country.
Here are a few of them.
1. Enjoy the Delightful Desert Safaris
For first time visitors, bike and camel riding across the western desert should be in your bucket list. Enjoy the incredible rides across deserts such as Sinai Desert, Libya Desert, and the Great Sand Sea, and you will carry the memory forever.
2. Explore Egypt’s Art and culture
Egypt is a rich country in history, culture, and art.
It has some of the world’s most incredible landmarks that have stood the test of time. Be sure to visit the pyramids of Giza, the museum of Egypt, Luxor temple, and the Valley of Kings. Do not forget to drop by the famous cities like Luxor, Cairo, and Aswan to name but a few and you will love every moment of it.
3. Sail Down River Nile
It is not a complete experience in Egypt without a visit to the river Nile. Ensure that you sail down this phenomenon river, and the experience is sure to be magical.
4. Enjoy the Stunning Hotels and Resorts
Egypt has some of the most incredible accommodation facilities. Enjoy the diverse foods, relax at a beach resort, and enjoy the scenery that comes along with it.
5. Enjoy the Breathtaking Beaches
Other than fascinating landmarks and culture, Egypt has lovely beaches such as Gharam Beach, Agiba Beach, and so much more. Ensure that you visit at least one of these beaches.
6. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
7. Go shopping at Khan-el-Khalili
Shopping lovers can never go wrong with this one. You will find statues, jewelry, clothes, spices, and much more here.
While this article has only highlighted just a few of things to do in Egypt, there is so much more to enjoy in this magnificent country. A rule of thumb, however, is to ensure that you have a tour guide with you to ensure that your experience meets your expectations.
Also, Egypt’s sun is very hot, ensure that you carry some sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat with you. In addition, ensure that you wear comfortable shoes to make walking around easy.
- The Ultimate One to Two Week Egypt Travel Itinerary
- Is Egypt Safe To Travel?
- South Africa – 5 Reasons You Need To Make It Your Next Holiday Spot
- The Perfect One to Two Day Itinerary For Cairo, Egypt
- Ultimate Egypt Travel Guide
- Visiting Ilha De Mozambique – A Hauntingly Beautiful Colonial Past
- The Perfect Mexico Travel Itinerary: Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, And Mazunte
- Top 5 Must-See European Cities
- Cape Point, Boulder’s Beach & Muizenberg: The Ultimate Day Trip Itinerary From Cape Town
- Guide To Visiting Fish River Canyon And Sossusvlei, Namibia
- The Ultimate Two Week Travel Itinerary For Turkey
- The Ultimate Guide to Diving in the Bahamas