Europe may not have the fastest speed trains, but it can boast about the most affordable and convenient travel options within the Schengen zone. Most tourists prefer to travel by rail in Europe because of the lower costs, higher convenience, and of course, the scenic views!
You can go ahead and plan your European adventure by taking a night train for more convenience or just a normal train ride depending on the length of your journey, and all you need to consider are the different rail routes, the travel times, and the countries and cities you want to visit.
Here are some of the most popular European rail routes to cover in a few days’ itineraries.
- Diakopto to Kalavrita rail route – Get on this heritage railway that covers about 22 km in one hour. You will love the slow ride on the remaining narrow-gauge lines in southern Greece. The route dates back to 1895 and goes through the mountain towns, lush green forests, and hand-carved tunnels. You will cross 49 bridges as the train makes through the Vouraikos Gorge and the Mega Spilaion Monastery as you move up to Kalavryta. Enjoy spectacular views and get ready for an unparalleled journey during the ascents and descents.
- Hungary to Slovakia rail route – You must take this rail route that will take you to the four great capitals of Europe: Bratislava, Vienna, Budapest, and Ljubljana. Explore the urban highlights from Hungary to Slovakia, and do not miss the opportunities for hiking and day trips to castles in between. Spend some enthralling days in those cities and wander around to soak in the local culture. Take a tour of old historical sites and or wander around the colorful neighborhood of Petrzalka before visiting castles, wineries, and old towns of Slovakia.
Take any of the above-listed easy rail routes to discover Europe, and no matter which route you follow, you are promised a southbound journey and an unforgettable experience every time!
- Belgrade, Serbia to Bar, Montenegro: Europe’s Most Scenic Train Ride
- The Perfect Two Week Itinerary For The Balkan Countries
- Jatiluwih Rice Terraces: Skip Ubud’s Tegalalang And Visit Bali’s Most Beautiful Rice Fields
- How To Stay Busy While Traveling To Not Get Bored
- Bangkok To Amphawa Floating Market & Mae Klong Train Market
- Ultimate Guide To Get From Frankfurt Airport To The City
- Guide To Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- The Ultimate Road Trips To Take Around The World
- The Perfect One Day And Two Day Itinerary for Zurich, Switzerland
- Lauterbrunnen: Ultimate Guide to Switzerland’s Fairy Tale Village
- The Top 10 Most Beautiful Attractions In Montenegro
- Visiting Cochem And The Mosel Wine Region Of Germany